Landon

Friday, August 10, 2012

Brain Stew

Or "I like to live my life like a movie"

Picture this:

When: 2 AM. Nightly.
Where: 204 Market Hostel, Cambridgeshire, UK
Why: 13,000 words. Looming.
What: Personal Struggle Montage circa 2004. (What even happened in 2004?)
          feat. Green Day


You're Invited!

But Sirius Black, school is hard. I guess that's why I came though right?

Fortunately, I do other things that are worthy of film credits. Such as? Such as:

Eat at The Green Man pub in Grantchester with these two lovely ladies.

Me, Giselle, Jenessa.
I like to match my friends. 
You want to talk about perfect evenings? We'll talk about it. It's about a two mile walk from Cambridge to Grantchester, half of which puts you in beautiful meadows inhabited by cows and elderly couples. (Jenessa covets the lives of those elderly couples). Not to mention...



The Cam really is beautiful, and I hear it's great for swimming. 

Well anyway, as we're walking through the meadows, a very eccentric woman on a bike stops and offers to take a picture of all three of us. We chatted and she told us about this eccentric pub called the Blue Ball. Well, we had our hearts set on eating at The Green Man, but we decided to check out the Blue Ball afterwards. Fast forward a couple of hours - we're done eating and heading for the Blue Ball, when we run in to a middle aged couple who take up conversation with us. 

"Where are you heading?" 

"The Blue Ball."

"...Why on earth would you want to go there?" In your heard, please insert a British accent. 

Were we deterred though? Not one ounce. 

And thank the high heavens we went because what was waiting for us but this beauty, serving up a heaping platter of musical prowess. 

Meet Matt Woosey.



I mean this pub is tiny. I don't know where you live, but I'd bet my bottom dollar this pub is smaller than your living room. And all of these people are friends. Very much reminiscent of Stars Hollow. So we're just sitting there, I'm sipping on my Black Currant Lemonade (wait... you said vodka and lemonade right? No, no I didn't. Crisis averted), and this guy just sets up shop three feet in front of us and plays a set. I fell madly in love, and we bought his cd. 

Really, truly, it was perfect. 




No comments:

Post a Comment