Landon

Friday, August 10, 2012

The Quidditch World Cup!


Also referred to as the Olympics... in some cultures.

August 6, 2012
Men's Volleyball
USA v. Tunisia
8:00 pm

If I were to tell you that my friendship with Jenessa was predicated entirely on the fact that her cousin is an assistant coach for the USA Men's Volleyball team and I had a sneaking suspicion that he would be able to get us three tickets to the Olympics, it would be a dirty lie. But it wouldn't be entirely implausible, because how cool is that? 

But seriously, big thanks to Jenessa and her cousin Chris for providing the experience of a lifetime for the trifecta.



Did I get ripped off by the Indian family selling flags
in the market? Maybe, but mine has character. 

We won!


Scratch that, he won. Because he's an Olympian. And that's his mom,
whom we had the pleasure of sitting near. Matt Anderson, it was a real pleasure
Before I sign off on this post, I'd like to refer you to Devon's blog for a nice post on the spirit of the Olypmics, and I'd also like to tell you about the security at the games. 

In a word, jovial. In another word, lighthearted. I could go on, but I'll save my energy. What? It doesn't take energy for you come up with synonyms for jovial and lighthearted? 

Really though, these people were great. Cracking jokes left and right (or left and wight, if you're Jenessa), smiles on their faces, so warm, so welcoming. It was a beautiful thing. 

Cheers. 

1 comment:

  1. I love looking back through your old blog posts. You're the greatest. I love how you mentioned the security people. Weren't they awesome? And I didn't even know you used my blog as a reference. I'm so flattered :)

    ReplyDelete