Landon

Tuesday, July 3, 2012

Final thoughts on Paris

The city made me feel, in a word, triumphant. See what I just did there?
But I'm long gone, so here are a few parting thoughts:

Bathrooms

Parisians must be immune to claustrophobia and heat stroke. Either that or their genetic makeup has blessed them with larger bladders than mine, and they don't need to use public restrooms. That's probably the case. But their public toilettes reek of Dante's Inferno. Sometimes, they are bold enough to charge you for entrance, which is apparently pretty standard all over Europe. But I have seen little to no quality gap between those pay-for-potties and the free ones in the good ol' US of A. But it's alright, I still really like their city.

Oranges

They like them. 

I did not take this video. But I did have this experience.




She likes Orangina.

We like Orangina. And that shop full of cookies.

Music

It's available for dummies now. Provided they speak French.


The live music is abundant and delightful.

Shelley and Sara, this one's for you.

Fashion

It's no secret that Parisians are hip and trendy. All the men look like they just stepped out of a J Crew catalog. I'm not complaining. 

Jambon

Ham here, ham there, ham everywhere. Ham and oranges make up 86% of the Parisian diet. 

Anyway, I loved it. But now I'm in Cambridge. Read on if you please.






No comments:

Post a Comment